Looking to book a place on a CK Martial Hearts Shaolin Temple Experience? Then apply now to avoid disappointment!
Our scheduled programs run in May and September. Walking Tours can be booked for any of the dates shown here. (click for larger image)
Click one of the tabs below to find all the information you need on how to book and how to pay, our Terms and Conditions, as well as travel insurance options.
To apply now, simply fill in the form below, letting us know which Experience you’d like to apply for and when, and we will get back to you within 48 hours with further details.
- You can choose to either fill in the application form online, or download the form, and email it back to us. You can download the form here.
- Fill in all the requested information on the table below.
- Click the box to confirm you have read the program itinerary page and have watched our introduction video on YouTube, and understood what you will be doing at the Shaolin Temple. (See the video on YouKu here.)
- Click the box to confirm you have read and understood our Terms and Conditions.
- Click to confirm that you understand what will be required of you on these programs, you may be required to answer further question, or submit further details, before we can confirm your application.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Upon receipt, we will review, and then if accepted, issue an invoice for a 30% deposit. To confirm your reservation, please pay this invoice within 72 hours. For applications made less than 1 month before the start of a program, once accepted you will receive an invoice for 100% of the program fee, payable upon receipt. Please note: applications made less than 1 month in advance do not qualify for the ‘100% payment’ discount.
Problem with the form? Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to take your application directly.
Once we receive your application, a review will be made, and we will let you know within 48 hours if the application has been successful, or if we require more information. If successful, we’ll email you an invoice. Your reservation will be held for 72 hours, but will be cancelled if your deposit isn’t received within that time.
We offer very convenient application and payment options for all our Experience programs.
To make a booking on any of our programs, simply visit our applications page, complete the application form and let us know which program you’d like to join.
Once we receive your application, we will review your details and let you know whether your application has been successful, or whether more information is needed. If accepted, we will send you an invoice for a deposit of 30% of the total booking fee. The deposit must be paid within 3 days of receiving the invoice for your reservation to be confirmed.
For payment, we offer several options.
1) Credit card
If you’d like to pay directly with your credit card, please Contact Us to make your application. Once we confirm your place, we will send you an invoice with a credit card payment link, through our PayPal account.
If you have a PayPal account and would like to use that to pay for your booking, once we have confirmed your application, we will send you an invoice with our PayPal account link.
3) International bank transfer
For those of you who would like to pay directly, the invoice we send you after we confirm your application will also include our Hong Kong bank details, so that you can directly wire the payments.
Payment is accepted via cash or WeChat for Beijing residents. If you wish to pay us this way, please specify that when you make your application.
NOTE: For all our Experiences, final payment is required one month before your program start date.
In order to make our Shaolin Temple Experiences more affordable and accessible, CK Martial Hearts offers several payment options:
After paying a 30% deposit to secure your place, you can pay the rest of the fee in installments, as big or as small as you want, up to one month before the start of the program.
Travelling with friends or family? We are offering a 10% discount off your total program price, when two or more people (paying the full fee for the program), make their applications together at the same time. Offer limited to 5 people per group. Please contact us if you wish to bring more people.
Travelling alone but still want to save on the price of your program? Simply pay the total cost in one payment when you receive your invoice, and you will receive a 5% discount off the price of your program! Just let us know when filling in the application form you’d like to pay in full, and we’ll apply the discount to your invoice.
Are you a teacher or coach looking to bring your class to study at Shaolin? Contact Us for more information about discounts available to you for group bookings.
Only one discount per person. Discounts do not apply to private or tailor-made bookings. Terms and Conditions apply. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Looking for insurance options when travelling to China? Making sure you have the best insurance you can get is always an important pre-departure consideration. The right cover allows you to simply get on with having fun (or learning kung fu!) without having to worry.
Of course, nobody wants to wade through hundreds of options, contacting each insurance provider and discussing all the details, before finally choosing a policy that will hopefully cover your needs. When you’re trying to get ready for the trip of a lifetime, that’s not the easiest thing to do. Which is why many people just choose not to bother, potentially leaving themselves open to all kinds of trouble if anything goes wrong while travelling.
At CK Martial Hearts, we want people to enjoy our kungfu programs as much as possible. That’s why we strongly suggest people take out the best travel insurance coverage they can find, before joining us at the Shaolin Temple. One option is for travel insurance from World Nomads. World Nomads provides travel insurance for travellers from over 140 countries, backed by reputable insurers and 24 hour assistance providers.
We like World Nomads because the insurance they provide access to covers both China and martial arts training, which is great for those looking to take part in our kung fu programs. Please note that some policies differ and it’s important to check the level of cover required to do be covered for this type of activity. You can buy, extend and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from over 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
7 things you should know about travel insurance from WorldNomads.com
- Trusted reliable underwriters
WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need
WorldNomads.com provides cover for what’s important for travellers from over 150 countries. By focussing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it most
Had a change of plans? You can extend your policy or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities
From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safely
All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insurance
All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
We want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.
Of course, whichever insurance you decide on, with whichever insurance company, please be sure to read the Terms and Conditions of that company, and be sure that the insurance covers martial arts training, and whatever other requirements you may have.
Applications for a place on one of our 2017 Shaolin Temple Kung Fu Training Programs can be made at anytime. However, in doing so participants accept:
● After applications have been accepted, we will send you an invoice for a deposit of 30% of the total booking fee. The deposit must be paid within 3 days of receiving the invoice
● Reservations will not be considered confirmed bookings until the 30% deposit is paid.
● After a 30% deposit has been received, all outstanding fees must be paid 1 month prior to the beginning of the program.
● Participants under 17 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian who is also training.
● Participants understand that during this program class times and activities are scheduled. It is each participant’s responsibility to attend on time. While we will do everything possible to ensure the comfort of all participants, class times and content cannot be changed at participant request. You are free to abstain from classes at any time, but no refunds will be given if you choose not to attend activities.
● Participants who join our Shaolin Temple Kung Fu Training Programs program understand and accept that they do so at their own risk.
● Participants who join our Shaolin Temple Kung Fu Training Programs program understand and accept that neither CK Martial Hearts, Cultural Keys, nor the Shaolin Temple will be held responsible for any accident, injury, loss or illness students incur during the program.
● Program fee does not include travel to Beijing, accommodation in Beijing, or personal expenses incurred during the program.
● Participants understand the need for flexibility on a program of this nature. While we guarantee you will be able to participate in every activity we offer, should you wish to, when operating in rural China some flexibility and patience is required as things may change at the last moment.
● CK Martial Hearts, Cultural Keys and the Shaolin Temple reserve the right to refuse Participants access to and if necessary remove them from the program if they are intoxicated,
aggressive or offensive.
● Participants agree to at all times respect and obey the relevant customs and laws of the People’s Republic of China, and understand that failure to do so may result in their removal from the program, detention by local authorities, or deportation from China.
● Participants who join our Shaolin Temple Kung Fu Training Programs are advised to have their own health and/or travel insurance, and understand that neither Cultural Keys, CK Martial Hearts nor the Shaolin Temple will be liable for costs incurred by any accident or sickness participants may endure during the program.
● All participants understand that places on these programs are not 100% confirmed until CK Martial Hearts has received both Booking Form and the Release of Liability Form for each participant, prior to the start of the program.
● Your safety is of paramount importance to us. Therefore, please do not leave Wangzhigou without informing a member of our team. Unexplained absences will result in us reporting you missing to the authorities after 12 hours.
● If you do leave Wangzhigou unaccompanied and without informing a CK Martial Hearts team member, you may forfeit your place on our program and all monies paid.
● Participants are hereby informed that photos and/or videos may be taken of them during their participation in activities during this program, copies of which will be sent once the course is completed. None will be used for advertising purposes without participants’ explicit permission.
● Participants are aware that these programs require a minimum enrollment number of 6 people. In the unlikely event of that number not being met with 14 days of the programs scheduled start, the program may be cancelled. In such a situation, participants will be offered a full refund, or an alternate date, if available.
● Participants are expected to understand exactly what and how they will be training at the Shaolin Temple. Complaints, and requests for refunds, based on participants not having been aware of the nature of these programs, will not be entertained.
● If you need to cancel your booking:
– up to 1 month in advance, we will make a refund of fees paid, minus the deposit and cost of transferring back.
– cancellations between 1 month and 7 days in advance will incur a charge of 50% of all monies paid plus cost of transferring back.
– cancellations less than 7 days before the start of the program will forfeit all monies paid.
– for bookings made with 100% payment upfront, ‘deposit’, for the purpose of cancellations, will still mean 30% of total payment made.
● While we will endeavor to assist you in any way possible, any changes you wish to make to your booking after fees have been paid in full, such as late arrival, early departure, change of room etc. may necessitate extra arrangements and costs which you will be responsible for Covering.
● Participants understand that for entry to China, a visa will be required. While Cultural Keys can provide advice and guidance on obtaining the necessary visa, participants understand it is their responsibility to secure this document ahead of travel dates, and refunds will not be issued as a result of failing to get a visa. Please ask us well ahead of time if you need an invitation letter.
● Participants understand the potentially unreliable nature of Chinese society. Neither Cultural Keys nor CK Martial Hearts will bear any responsibility for missed flights, hotel bookings, meetings or other engagements arranged by participants, caused by events outside the control of our company. Participants are kindly reminded to take this into consideration when booking onward travel at the end of our programs.
● Participants agree that by making a booking with CK Martial Hearts and Cultural Keys, they understand and agree to all the Terms and Conditions as listed here. Prior to departure, all participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability, a copy of which will be provided with the deposit invoice.
All dates and times listed in the Terms and Conditions are calculated according to Beijing Time (GMT+8)
UPDATED November 1st 2016
Looking for more information?
Latest Blog Posts
Beijing is a stressful place to live. Traffic, pollution, demanding jobs and an over-abundance of food choices makes for a damaging cocktail of influences on our minds, bodies and spirits. … Read More