Looking to book a place on a CK Martial Hearts martial arts experience? Apply now to avoid disappointment!
Click one of the tabs below to find all the information you need on how to book and how to pay, our Terms and Conditions, as well as travel insurance options.
UPDATE: We are now accepting short-term applications for our September program, including 2 nights in Beijing and 1-week at the Shaolin Temple. See here for details. If you would like to apply, please fill in the 12-day application form, and choose ‘September’ in the options.
To apply now, simply fill in the form below and we will get back to you within 48 hours with further details.
- You can choose to either fill in the application form online, or download the form, and email it back to us. You can download the form here.
- Fill in all the requested information on the table below. Please note that a * indicates this field is mandatory.
- Click the box to confirm you have read the program itinerary page and have watched our introduction video on YouTube, and understood what you will be doing at the Shaolin Temple. (See the video on YouKu here.)
- Click the box to confirm you have read and understood our Terms and Conditions.
- Click to confirm that you understand what will be required of you on these programs and that you may be required to answer further questions, or submit further details, before we can confirm your application.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Upon receipt, we will review your application and if accepted, issue an invoice for a 20% deposit. To confirm your reservation, please pay this invoice within 72 hours. For applications made less than 1 month before the start of a program, once accepted you will receive an invoice for 100% of the program fee, payable upon receipt.
- If your application is accepted, please note that a copy of your passport ID page will be required with deposit payment, in order for us to register you with the hotel and book train tickets in advance. Also please note that upon joining one of our programs, all participants will be asked to sign Cultural Keys’ Release of Liability at the initial meeting. A copy of the Release of Liability can be download here.
UPDATE: As of March 18th, our May 2019 program is fully booked. Our next program this year is our September 20-Day program. Please see the program page for more details. Alternatively, contact us if you would like to be put on the contact list for when our 2020 applications open.
Problem with the form? Email us directly at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to take your application directly.
Once we receive your application, a review will be made, and we will let you know within 48 hours if the application has been successful, or if we require more information. If successful, we’ll email you an invoice. Your reservation will be held for 72 hours, but will be cancelled if your deposit isn’t received within that time.
We offer very convenient application and payment options for all our programs.
Once we receive your application we will review your details and let you know whether your application has been successful, or whether more information is needed. If accepted, we will send you an invoice for a deposit of 20% of the total booking fee. The deposit must be paid within 3 days of receiving the invoice for your reservation to be confirmed, together with a copy of your passport ID page.
We offer several payment options.
1) Credit card
If you’d like to pay directly with your credit card, please Contact Us to make your application. Once we confirm your place, we will send you an invoice with a credit card payment link, through our PayPal account.
If you would like to use your PayPal account to pay for your booking, once we have confirmed your application, we will send you an invoice with our PayPal account link.
3) International bank transfer
If you would like to pay directly, the invoice we send you after we confirm your application will also include our Hong Kong bank details so you can wire the payment(s).
4) Cash/WeChat/Alipay/Bank deposit
We accept payment from China residents via cash, WeChat, Alipay or bank deposit. If you wish to pay us this way, please specify that when you make your application.
NOTE: For all our martial arts experiences, final payment is required one month before your program start date.
In order to make our martial arts experiences more affordable and accessible, CK Martial Hearts offers several payment options:
After paying a 20% deposit to secure your place, you can pay the rest of the fee in instalments, as big or as small as you want, up to one month before the start of the program.
Travelling with friends or family? We offer a 5% discount off your total program price when two or more people (paying the full fee for the program), make their applications together at the same time. Offer limited to 5 people per group. Please contact us if you wish to bring more people.
Are you a teacher or coach looking to bring your class to study martial arts in China? Contact Us for more information about discounts available to you for group bookings.
Only one discount per person. Discounts do not apply to private or custom bookings. Terms and Conditions apply. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Looking for insurance options when travelling to China? Making sure you have the best insurance you can get is always an important pre-departure consideration. The right cover allows you to simply get on with having fun (or learning kung fu!) without having to worry.
Nobody wants to wade through hundreds of options, contacting each insurance provider and discussing all the details, before finally choosing a policy that will hopefully cover your needs. When you’re trying to get ready for the trip of a lifetime, that’s not the easiest thing to do. Which is why many people just choose not to bother, potentially leaving themselves open to all kinds of trouble if anything goes wrong while travelling.
At CK Martial Hearts, we want people to enjoy our kung fu programs as much as possible. That’s why we strongly suggest people take out the best travel insurance coverage they can find, before joining us at the Shaolin Temple. One option is for travel insurance from World Nomads. World Nomads provides travel insurance for travellers from over 140 countries, backed by reputable insurers and 24 hour assistance providers.
We like World Nomads because the insurance they provide access to covers both China and martial arts training, which is great for those looking to take part in our kung fu programs. Please note that some policies differ and it’s important to check the level of cover required to do be covered for this type of activity. You can buy, extend and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from over 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
7 things you should know about travel insurance from WorldNomads.com
- Trusted reliable underwriters
WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need
WorldNomads.com provides cover for what’s important for travellers from over 150 countries. By focussing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it most
Had a change of plans? You can extend your policy or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities
From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safely
All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insurance
All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
We want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.
Whichever insurance you decide on, please be sure to read the Terms and Conditions and check that the insurance covers martial arts training.
Applications for a place on one of our ‘Warrior’s Way Bootcamps’ can be made at any time. By applying, participants accept the following:
- After your application, we will review the information you have provided, and let you know within 48 hours if your application has been successful or if we require more information.
- If your application is successful, we will send you an invoice for a deposit of 20% of the total booking fee. The deposit must be paid within 3 days of receiving the invoice.
- Applications will not be considered confirmed bookings until the 20% deposit is paid, and a copy of the ID page of applicants passports is received.
- After a 20% deposit has been received, all outstanding fees must be paid 1 month prior to the beginning of the program.
- Participants under 17 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian who is also training.
- Participants understand that during this program, class times and activities are scheduled. It is each participant’s responsibility to attend on time. While we will do everything possible to ensure the comfort of all participants, class times and content cannot be changed at participant request. You are free to abstain from classes at any time, but no refunds will be given if you choose not to attend activities.
- Participants who join our ‘Warrior’s Way Bootcamp’ program understand and accept that they do so at their own risk.
- Participants who join our ‘Warrior’s Way Bootcamp’ program understand and accept that neither CK Martial Hearts, Cultural Keys, nor the Shaolin Temple will be held responsible for any illness, accident, injury, or loss students incur during the program.
- The program fee does not include a visa, travel to Beijing or personal expenses incurred during the program.
- Participants understand the need for flexibility on a program of this nature. While we guarantee you will be able to participate in every activity we offer, should you wish to, when operating in rural China some flexibility and patience is required as things may change at the last moment.
- CK Martial Hearts, Cultural Keys and the Shaolin Temple reserve the right to refuse participants access to or remove them from the program if they are intoxicated, aggressive or offensive.
- Participants agree to at all times respect and obey the relevant customs and laws of the People’s Republic of China, and understand that failure to do so may result in their removal from the program, detention by local authorities, or deportation from China.
- Participants who join our ‘Warrior’s Way Bootcamp’ program are advised to have their own health and/or travel insurance, and understand that neither Cultural Keys, CK Martial Hearts nor the Shaolin Temple will be liable for costs incurred by any accident or sickness participants may experience during the program.
- Your safety is of paramount importance to us. Therefore, please do not leave Wangzhigou Village without informing a member of our team. Unexplained absences will result in us reporting you missing to the authorities after 12 hours.
- If you do leave Wangzhigou unaccompanied and without informing a member of our team, you may forfeit your place on our program and all monies paid.
- Participants are hereby informed that photos and videos will be taken of them during their participation in activities during this program, copies of which will be sent to participants once the course is completed. These photos and videos may also be used by us for advertising purposes. If you do not wish your photos or videos to be used by us for advertising purposes, or you do not wish to be included in any photos or videos taken on the program, please inform us before the start of the program.
- Participants are aware that these programs require a minimum enrollment number of 6 people. In the unlikely event of that number not being met within 30 days of the start of the program, it may be cancelled. In such a situation, participants will be offered a full refund, or an alternative date if available.
- Participants are expected to understand exactly what and how they will be training at the Shaolin Temple. Complaints, and requests for refunds, based on participants not having been aware of the nature of these programs, will not be entertained. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- If you need to cancel your booking:
– up to 1 month in advance, we will give a full refund of fees paid minus the deposit and cost of transferring back.
– cancellations between 1 month and 7 days in advance will incur a charge of 50% of all monies paid plus cost of transferring back.
– cancellations less than 7 days before the start of the program will forfeit all monies paid.
– for bookings made with 100% payment upfront, ‘deposit’, for the purpose of cancellations, will still mean 20% of the total payment made.
Participants understand that if they are unable to attend the program and wish to reschedule their booking, they may be able to do so based on the availability of subsequent programs. Differences in price and itinerary may apply.
- While we will endeavour to assist you in any way possible, any changes you wish to make to your booking after fees have been paid in full, such as late arrival, early departure, change of room, change of date etc. may necessitate extra arrangements, costs or increased prices, which you will be responsible for covering.
- Participants understand and acknowledge that when paying the initial deposit, they are required to supply CK Martial Hearts with an uncensored copy of the photo page of their passports, in order to buy participant train tickets. Failure to supply CK Martial Hearts with a copy of the photo page of passports may result in participants being unable to join us at the Shaolin Temple.
- Participants understand that a visa is required for entry to China. While Cultural Keys can provide guidance on obtaining the necessary visa, participants understand it is their responsibility to secure this document ahead of travel dates, and refunds will not be issued as a result of failing to get a visa for any reason. Please ask us well ahead of time if you need an invitation letter.
- Participants understand the potentially changeable nature of Chinese society and culture. Neither Cultural Keys nor CK Martial Hearts will bear any responsibility for missed flights, hotel bookings, meetings or other engagements arranged by participants, caused by events outside the control of our company. Participants are kindly reminded to take this into consideration when making travel arrangements before the start and at the end of our programs. We sincerely suggest you book return flights for the day after our return, not the day of our return, to avoid the possibility of missed flights.
- By making a booking with CK Martial Hearts and Cultural Keys, participants understand and agree to all the Terms and Conditions as listed here. Prior to arrival at the temple, all participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability, a copy of which will be provided with the deposit invoice.
All dates and times listed in the Terms and Conditions are calculated according to Beijing Time (GMT+8)
LAST UPDATED June 3rd 2019
Looking for more information?
Latest Blog Posts