Please read these Legal Notices carefully before using our website or booking any of our services.
By accessing or using any part of the site, or by booking any of our services, you agree to be bound by these Notices. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions listed here, then please do not use this website or book any services with our company.
CK Martial Hearts (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates www.ckmartialhearts.com (the “Site”). This section informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only to provide you with relevant information regarding our company products and services, and to continually improve our Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you request information, book a tour or service, or fill out our online contact form.
When enquiring about making a booking, or requesting further information, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address or telephone number.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
CK Martial Hearts does not collect any payment information from you, in the course of charging you for any products and services you may order from us. If you wish to book any of our services, you will be sent a link to pay through Paypal. Cash payment is also available.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- To send periodic emails – the email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions..
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Links To Other Sites
CK Martial Hearts has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on March 25th 2015
CK Martial Hearts’ Terms and Conditions
Applications for a place on one of our 2018 Shaolin Temple ‘Warrior’s Way’ Kung Fu Training Programs can be made at anytime. However, in doing so participants accept:
- After applications have been made, we will review the information you have provided, and let you know within 72 hours if your application has been successful or if we require more information.
- If your application is successful, we will send you an invoice for a deposit of 25% of the total booking fee. The deposit must be paid within 3 days of receiving the invoice.
- Applications will not be considered confirmed bookings until the 25% deposit is paid.
- After a 25% deposit has been received, all outstanding fees must be paid 1 month prior to the beginning of the program.
- Participants under 17 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian who is also training.
- Participants understand that during this program class times and activities are scheduled. It is each participant’s responsibility to attend on time. While we will do everything possible to
ensure the comfort of all participants, class times and content cannot be changed at participant request. You are free to abstain from classes at any time, but no refunds will be given if you
choose not to attend activities.
- Participants who join our Shaolin Temple ‘Warrior’s Way’ Kung Fu Training Programs program understand and accept that they do so at their own risk.
- Participants who join our Shaolin Temple ‘Warrior’s Way’ Kung Fu Training Programs program understand and accept that neither CK Martial Hearts, Cultural Keys, nor the Shaolin Temple will be held responsible for any accident, injury, loss or illness students incur during the program.
- Program fee does not include travel to Beijing, accommodation in Beijing, or personal expenses incurred during the program.
- Participants understand the need for flexibility on a program of this nature. While we guarantee you will be able to participate in every activity we offer, should you wish to, when operating in
rural China some flexibility and patience is required as things may change at the last moment.
- CK Martial Hearts, Cultural Keys and the Shaolin Temple reserve the right to refuse Participants access to and if necessary remove them from the program if they are intoxicated, aggressive or offensive.
- Participants agree to at all times respect and obey the relevant customs and laws of the People’s Republic of China, and understand that failure to do so may result in their removal
from the program, detention by local authorities, or deportation from China.
- Participants who join our Shaolin Temple ‘Warrior’s Way’ Kung Fu Training Programs are advised to have their own health and/or travel insurance, and understand that neither Cultural Keys, CK Martial Hearts nor the Shaolin Temple will be liable for costs incurred by any accident or sickness participants may experience during the program.
- All participants understand that places on these programs are not 100% confirmed until CK Martial Hearts has received the Booking Form and 25% deposit for each participant prior to the start of the program.
- Your safety is of paramount importance to us. Therefore, please do not leave Wangzhigou without informing a member of our team. Unexplained absences will result in us reporting you
missing to the authorities after 12 hours.
- If you do leave Wangzhigou unaccompanied and without informing a CK Martial Hearts team member, you may forfeit your place on our program and all monies paid.
- Participants are hereby informed that photos and/or videos may be taken of them during their participation in activities during this program, copies of which will be sent once the course is
completed. These photos and videos may also be used by us for advertising purposes. If you do not wish your photos or videos to be used by us for advertising purposes, or you do not wish to be included in any photos or videos taken on the program, please inform us before the start of the program.
- Participants are aware that these programs require a minimum enrollment number of 6 people. In the unlikely event of that number not being met within 30 days of the start of the program, it may be cancelled. In such a situation, participants will be offered a full
refund, or an alternative date, if available.
- Participants are expected to understand exactly what and how they will be training at the Shaolin Temple. Complaints, and requests for refunds, based on participants not having been aware of the nature of these programs, will not be entertained.
- If you need to cancel your booking:
– up to 1 month in advance, we will make a refund of fees paid minus the deposit and cost of transferring back.
– cancellations between 1 month and 7 days in advance will incur a charge of 50% of all monies paid plus cost of transferring back.
– cancellations less than 7 days before the start of the program will forfeit all monies paid.
– for bookings made with 100% payment upfront, ‘deposit’, for the purpose of cancellations, will still mean 25% of total payment made.
- While we will endeavor to assist you in any way possible, any changes you wish to make to your booking after fees have been paid in full, such as late arrival, early departure, change of
room etc. may necessitate extra arrangements and costs which you will be responsible for covering.
- Participants understand that for entry to China, a visa will be required. While Cultural Keys can provide advice and guidance on obtaining the necessary visa, participants understand it is their
responsibility to secure this document ahead of travel dates, and refunds will not be issued as a result of failing to get a visa. Please ask us well ahead of time if you need an invitation letter.
- Participants understand the potentially unreliable nature of Chinese society. Neither Cultural Keys nor CK Martial Hearts will bear any responsibility for missed flights, hotel bookings, meetings or other engagements arranged by participants, caused by events outside the control of our company. Participants are kindly reminded to take this into consideration when making travel arrangements before the start and at the end of our programs.
- Participants agree that by making a booking with CK Martial Hearts and Cultural Keys, they understand and agree to all the Terms and Conditions as listed here. Prior to arrival at the temple, all participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability, a copy of which will be provided with the deposit invoice.
All dates and times listed in the Terms and Conditions are calculated according to Beijing Time
UPDATED March 9th 2018
Looking for more information?
Latest Blog Posts
Beijing is a stressful place to live. Traffic, pollution, demanding jobs and an over-abundance of food choices makes for a damaging cocktail of influences on our minds, bodies and spirits. … Read More