Shaolin Temple Experiences – 1-Week Shaolin Kung Fu Training Program
As with our 2-week program, on this 1-week experience you will get the opportunity to enjoy a variety of Chinese kung fu cultures, including traditional Shaolin forms, taichi, and qigong. While the duration is shorter, it is no less intense!
On this program, the main focus of the experience is on the traditional Shaolin Tongbiquan form, which is what participants will spend most of their time learning and perfecting.
On all our programs, participants can choose to take part in as much or as little as they wish, and push themselves as far as they want. While your Shaolin teacher, and your guide, will continually push you to go past your limits, you will never be forced to do something you are uncomfortable with, and you are always free to rest as required, though you are strongly encouraged to push through until the end!
In terms of kung fu, 1-week Shaolin Kung Fu Training Program participants take part in:
- Shaolin Cardio Training
- Intense Shaolin Stretching Sessions
- Jibengong (the foundation of Shaolin martial arts) training
- Learning the complete Shaolin Tongbiquan form
- Training in how to apply techniques learnt
All participants wishing to enrol on one of our programs are strongly advised to watch our introductory video, viewable here in our Video Gallery, before signing up.
For this program, the following schedule applies:
The daily itinerary has been designed to ensure you get the most out of your trip. The typical training day includes:
Click a tab below for more information on pricing and how to reserve your place.
Please note: While CK Martial Hearts designs our courses very carefully, to allow anyone the opportunity to experience kung fu and culture at the Shaolin Temple, it would be impossible to always meet 100% of applicants expectations, 100% of the time. Therefore, in the best interests of applicants, CK Martial Hearts reserves the right to decline your reservation request if we feel you are either unsuitable for the program, or if we deem we will be unable to fully meet your expectations. Thank you for your understanding.
The total cost of the 1-week program is 6888 RMB (approx. $1018/£818), all inclusive.
This program includes:
- 1 week of daily Shaolin Tongbiquan fist form classes inside the actual Shaolin Temple, with a genuine Shaolin Warrior Monk
- 1 strike training class at Shaolin Tagou Martial Arts School, China’s largest martial arts academy
- 1 week of Yang Style taichi classes
- Daily cardio, strength, conditioning and technique application training
- Guided tour of the Shaolin Temple
- Guided tour to the Pagoda Forest, Chuzu Convent, Damo Cave and Wuru Peak
- Opportunity to enjoy a Shaolin kung fu performance at the Shaolin Wushu Exhibition Centre
- Opportunity to volunteer at the Shaolin Temple Orphanage
- A Shaolin kung fu uniform (Feiyue shoes, monk socks, kung fu pants and sleeveless Shaolin t-shirt)
- All transportation between Beijing and the Shaolin Temple (train and private minibus)
- 1 week of accommodation in Wangzhigou, a rural village 10 minutes walk from the Shaolin Temple
- All meals during the length of the program (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Full-time native-English speaking translator and guide with you for the duration of the program
- Daily photos and videos taken of you during training by our team photographer
- Certificate of participation
Not included in the price:
- travel to, and accommodation in, Beijing
- travel insurance
- personal shopping during program (gifts, personal items, clothing etc.)
Reservations on this program can be made at any time. Once you have made your reservation, we will send you an invoice for a deposit of 30% of the total booking fee. The deposit must be paid within 3 days of receiving the invoice for your reservation to accepted.
Please note that reservations made less than 1 month in advance will be subject to availability, and 100% payment will be required upon receipt of invoice. Reservations made less than 1 month in advance do not qualify for the ‘100% payment’ discount.
To reserve now, simply fill in the form below, letting us know which Experience you’d like to reserve and when, and we will get back to you within 24 hours with an invoice for your reservation.
- You can choose to either fill in the reservation form online, or download the form, and email it back to us. You can download the form here.
- Fill in all the requested information on the table below.
- Click the box to confirm you have read the program itinerary page and have watched our introduction video on YouTube, and understood what you will be doing at the Shaolin Temple. (See the video on YouKu here.)
- Click the box to confirm you have read and understood our Terms and Conditions.
- Click to confirm that you understand you may be required to answer further question, or submit further details, before we can confirm your reservation.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Upon receipt, we will issue an invoice for a 30% deposit. To confirm your reservation, please pay this invoice within 72 hours. For reservations made less than 1 month before the start of a program, you will receive an invoice for 100% of the program fee, payable upon receipt. Please note: reservations made less than 1 month in advance do not qualify for the ‘100% payment’ discount.
Problem with the form? Email us directly at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to take your reservation directly.
Once we receive your reservation request, we’ll email you an invoice. Your place will be held for 72 hours, but will be cancelled if payment isn’t received within that time.
Looking for more information?