Shaolin Temple Experiences – Shaolin Temple Walking Tours
Not everyone has a week, or even a full day, to experience life and culture inside the Shaolin Temple. But even if time is short, CK Martial Hearts offers the chance to not just see the Shaolin Temple, but to really learn what it is like to live and study there, not just throughout history, but also today.
Our unique walking tour, available in either May or September and led by a native-English speaking guide who has spent time learning kung fu at the temple, will introduce you to the Shaolin Temple and surrounding areas, and includes lunch inside the temple.
During the 3-hour tour, step back in time to discover the stories of the founding of the temple, Bodhidharma, and the many ups and downs and personalities the temple has seen in its long history. See how the temple is used in modern times and learn how the monks live and work now.
Depending on when you wish to visit, the tour will progress as follows:
Morning Tour Itinerary: Meet at Shaolin Scenic Area main gate; Pagoda Forest; Temple Tour; lunch.
Afternoon Tour Itinerary: Meet at Shaolin Scenic Area main gate; Lunch; Temple Tour; Pagoda Forest.
These are private tours for you and your group only. Maximum 6 people per group.
Click a tab below for more information on pricing and how to reserve your place.
The total cost of a Shaolin Temple Walking Tour is calculated based on the number of people taking the tour.
1 – 2 people: 988 RMB in total (£114/ $143) – 494 RMB per person
3 people: 1238 RMB in total (£143/ $180) – 412 RMB per person
4 people: 1568 RMB in total (£182/ $228) – 392 RMB per person
5 people: 1878 RMB in total (£218 / $272) – 375 RMB per person
6 people: 2168 RMB in total (£251/ $315) – 361 RMB per person
This 3-hour tour includes:
- tickets into the Shaolin Scenic Area, including the Shaolin Temple
- guided tour of the Shaolin Temple and Pagoda Forest
- native-English speaking guide, with experience training kung fu inside the Shaolin Temple
- vegetarian lunch inside the temple
- kung fu demonstration at the Shaolin Exhibition Centre
Not included in the price:
- transport to the Shaolin Scenic Area
Reservations on this program can be made at any time. Once you have made your reservation, we will send you an invoice for a deposit of 30% of the total booking fee. The deposit must be paid within 3 days of receiving the invoice for your reservation to accepted.
Please note, however, that reservations made less than 1 month in advance will be subject to availability, and 100% payment will be required upon receipt of invoice. Reservations made less than 1 month in advance do not qualify for the ‘100% payment’ discount.
To reserve now, simply fill in the form below, letting us know which Experience you’d like to reserve and when, and we will get back to you within 24 hours with an invoice for your reservation.
- You can choose to either fill in the reservation form online, or download the form, and email it back to us. You can download the form here.
- Fill in all the requested information on the table below.
- Click the box to confirm you have watched our introduction video understood what and how you will be training at the Shaolin Temple. (See the video on Youku here.)
- Click the box to confirm you have read and understood our Terms and Conditions.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Upon receipt, we will issue an invoice for a 30% deposit. To confirm your reservation, please pay this invoice within 72 hours. For reservations made less than 1 month before the start of a program, you will receive an invoice for 100% of the program fee, payable upon receipt. Please note: reservations made less than 1 month in advance do not qualify for the ‘100% payment’ discount.
Problem with the form? Email us directly at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to take your reservation directly.
Once we receive your reservation request, we’ll email you an invoice. Your place will be held for 72 hours, but will be cancelled if payment isn’t received within that time.
Looking for more information?