Looking for an active weekend getaway? Then escape from the city and join CK Martial Hearts for a weekend of kung fu and culture at the Shaolin Temple in September!
On our Shaolin Weekend Retreats, we offer an exclusive opportunity not just to study kung fu inside the Shaolin Temple with genuine Shaolin warrior monks, but to experience life and culture both inside and outside the temple walls. Suitable for everyone no matter their martial arts backgrounds, these are the perfect getaways to enable you to get a taste of Chinese life and traditional kung fu at one of the most iconic locations in China.
Put together by the CK Martial Hearts team, in association with Shaolin Temple International Liaisons Office, this exciting weekend opportunity offers:
– accommodation in Wangzhigou, the ‘kung fu village’, a small rural settlement nestled at the bottom of Shaoshi Mountain and home to many Kung fu schools and students
– vegetarian lunch inside the Shaolin Temple
– a tour of the Shaolin Temple, led by a native-english guide with experience training at the temple
– a high flying and hard-hitting kung fu acrobatics display, performed at the Shaolin Martial Arts Gym
– full day of kung fu training with a Shaolin warrior inside the temple, learning the foundations of Shaolin kung fu through the first few steps of the traditional Shaolin Tongbiquan
– morning Yang Style taichi and qigong class to start the day refreshed and relaxed, led by your guide
– sightseeing excursion to visit Damo Cave, Chuzu Convent and Wuru Peak, with stunning views overlooking the Shaolin Temple and Shaolin Scenic Area
The program starts on Thursday evening, September 22nd , when we take an overnight train to Zhengzhou, and from there travel to the Shaolin Temple. We arrive back in Beijing on Sunday night, September 25th at 8pm. Click itinerary for a larger view.
Travel between Beijing and Shaolin, all meals, all activities and all accommodation are included in the price of the program, all for of just 2700RMB! But for Early Bird bookers, if you reserve your place before August 22nd, you will receive another 200RMB saving, bringing the total cost to just 2500RMB for the whole trip!
Places are limited to 10 people and are sure to be booked up soon, so for more information email us at [email protected] or via WeChat at ajdonnelly to reserve your place now.
To see what our past Shaolin Temple Experiences participants have said, please visit our TripAdvisor page:
To watch our introductory video, please visit YouTube:
We look forward to training with you soon!
Yours in Martial Spirit,
CK Martial Hearts Team